SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Travel

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
mema
Style_council
mema

Hi everyone! I’m moving to Dublin in a few weeks, and I wondered if any of you in here have any tips? Both fashion-wise and living advice-wise will be appreciated! Thanks!

posted about 8 years ago
Lambs
Style_council
Lambs

I don’t live there, but I visited there not too long ago just for a short trip and I gotta say I loved shopping there.
As I wasn’t there for a long time I didn’t get much of a chance to scope out many thrift/vintage shops, but there are a few here and there. There’s also a nice mall right by one of the tram stops and right behind the mall there’s a street full of stores.
There’s alot of busy “alleyways” like that, with shopping restaurants etc. Good luck on your move!

posted about 8 years ago

leighmegan
Style_council
leighmegan

I lived in Dublin for 2 years with a host family. I loved the city mostly. As far as fashion goes, definitely check out Grafton street. Probably the best place to shop. :)

posted almost 8 years ago

EmmaLouiseC
Style_council
EmmaLouiseC

I live in Dublin. Henry St is probably best for high street type fashion as it has a huge primark, forever 21 and new look as well as topshop, river island, miss selfridge and h&m. Grafton street is a nicer street in terms of atmosphere but has more expensive shops (Brown Thomas, BT2, Tommy Hilfiger).
Temple Bar, George st, Georges st arcade have probably the most vintage type stores although most are over priced for what they are. 9 Crow St. beside Urban Outfitters in Temple Bar is probably the best vintage shop.
Living advice…don’t drink in Temple Bar, its for tourists and is a rip off. Bernard Shaw, Shibeen Chic, Hogans and Pygmalion are all good for drinks. For day trips, Dun Laorighe, Howth, Dalkey (all along the DART line) are pretty nice, food wise Elephant & Castle is yum, so is Green Nineteen on Wexford St, and Jo’ Burger in Rathmines.
If ya want any more info don’t hesitate to get in touch!
x

mema
Style_council
mema

Thank you so much for your advice all of you!

EmmaLouiseC: Is the Dublin Flea Market worth the travel there? It seems good…

EmmaLouiseC
Style_council
EmmaLouiseC

Hey,

As a flea market its not amazing, but yeh its a nice way to pass a sunday afternoon. Its actaully only a 10minute walk from the city centre so its not far at all! I’ve gotten some nice vintage stuff there before but nothing to amazing! Its worth going down to have a look though, the people at it are always a very colourful bunch!

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password