Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
tightsenthusiast
Style_council
tightsenthus...

I love the whole Blake Lively for Chanel campaign! She makes fashion seem less serious and more fun.

http://fashionetc.com/news/fashion/962-blake-lively-chanel-ads-mademoiselle-handbags

She’s considered the fashion “It Girl” by Karl Lagerfeld and Anna Wintour.

What do you guys think?

posted over 8 years ago
ladycarcar
Style_council
ladycarcar

She is athletic and down-to-earth looking. She is not a sack of bones. She works out hard. In terms of beauty, yes, she is an “it” girl, and I am glad for it.

However, I do not think she is much of a style icon. Yes, I do agree she has good taste.

posted over 8 years ago

ladycarcar
Style_council
ladycarcar

This article is a lot longer and talks about her previous aspirations to be the face of Chanel in the past and her past modeling campaigns.

I like this part especially:
“And yet there is nothing haphazard about Ms. Lively’s current perch atop fashion’s hierarchy. “I had other opportunities and I would say, ‘Thank you so much, but I am holding out for Chanel,’ ” she said. “That’s who I want to be the face of. And people would say, ‘Well, that’s unrealistic, they only hire Europeans,’ and I said: ‘Well, how great. I’ll be the first then.’ ” "

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/06/fashion/06BLAKE.html

posted over 8 years ago

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

Blake Lively is gorgeous!

posted over 8 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

For some reason, she irks me. She does look good on the red carpet, but she doesn’t exude much personality in what she wears. And in my opinion, she’s not outlandishly gorgeous. I’m sure that anyone could find a similar looking lady in his/her own town.

posted over 8 years ago

glitterpeacock
Style_council
glitterpeacock

I think she has the best life: Getting free clothes and vespa rides around Paris with Christian Louboutin. Unlike all the other hipsters that Karl Lagerfeld loves, she seems to appreciate it- she doesn’t pull that nonchalence I-couldn’t-care-less attitude unlike certain (privileged) people on the Chanel front row….

I like the advert- it shows off the bag without screaming “LOOK! Blake Lively likes our bags and so you should too”, which is often the case with celebrity endorsements.

posted over 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password